This type of polling result is nothing new, but it must give Republicans a little comfort in whether they think that they can retain control of congress.
Despite a majority disapproving of the larger legislative body, when voters are asked to rate their own representative the results reverse. A 53 percent majority says they approve of the job their representative is doing -- significantly more than the 28 percent who disapprove. . . .
- Name: John Lott
- Location: Virginia, United States
My commentary on a broad array of economics and crime related issues.
Crime Prevention Research Center
Copyright 2005 by John R. Lott, Jr. All rights reserved
More Books of Mine
Reviews of Freedomnomics
Other Web sites
- If the Supreme Court thinks that we should follow ...
- Ohio Legislation Would Pre-empt Local Gun Laws
- The New Adscam, tracing the money in the Canadian ...
- Weird Conspiracy Theories Revealed: The Da Vinci C...
- "Chicago took 1st shot: '98 gun sting like [Bloomb...
- Canadians favor scrapping gun registry
- Candy Frey: Cops can differentiate defensive gun u...
- Alan Gottlieb on Bloomberg's New Lawsuit Against G...
- Split personalities for South Africans on Guns
- "New NRA Campaign Asks Lawmakers to Pledge Not to ...
Interesting Past Topics
(description of book, downloadable data sets, and discussions of previous controversies)