Well, it is nice that ABC News mentioned that there some believe that there are potential problems with gun locks:
Not everyone believes that this is all good advice. John R. Lott Jr. at the American Enterprise Institute says gun locks are costly and can be dangerous. Lott says if a violent criminal enters a house, there may be no time for the gun owner to get the lock off. Still, many police departments across the nation have distributed free trigger locks under grants from the federal government. . . .
- Name: John Lott
- Location: Virginia, United States
Amazed how lucky I am that I have had jobs where I could just think about whatever I wanted to think about. I have published over 90 articles in academic journals. I received my Ph.D. in economics from UCLA in 1984.
Copyright 2005 by John R. Lott, Jr. All rights reserved
More Books of Mine
Reviews of Freedomnomics
Other Web sites
- Abortion and Crime
- Is referencing the ABA such a wise move by Republi...
- Italians can now protect themselves with force fro...
- ABC News "hit piece" on Justices Scalia and Thomas...
- "The iPod, soon to be seen on CSI?"
- Canada has the Same Urban/Rural voting patterns as...
- So when did this standard of maintaining the Supre...
- Vote for best commentary on guns
- Winchester bits the dust
- London, England: "Capital gun crime rises by 50 pe...
Interesting Past Topics
(description of book, downloadable data sets, and discussions of previous controversies)