Well, it makes you wonder whether pictures almost have to be political to be nominated for best picture. At least Joaquin Phoenix and Reese Witherspoon were given acting nominations for their amazing performances. I don't get to see many movies, but "Walk the Line" is one of the few that I would strongly recommend that people see.
- Name: John Lott
- Location: Virginia, United States
My commentary on a broad array of economics and crime related issues.
Crime Prevention Research Center
Copyright 2005 by John R. Lott, Jr. All rights reserved
More Books of Mine
Reviews of Freedomnomics
Other Web sites
- Mathematical error behind crucial part of Global W...
- Wisconsin Assembly Looks Set to Override Governor'...
- Talk at Texas State Rifle Association
- My response in the Chicago Tribune to their Editor...
- Canadian Tories to let Border Guards Have Guns
- Oklahoma legislation considers letting school supe...
- Dems going to go ahead with filibuster, though the...
- Wisconsin Senate Overrides Concealed Handgun Veto,...
- Great piece in today's WSJ by Mark Steyn
- These confirmation battles just keep getting worse...
Interesting Past Topics
(description of book, downloadable data sets, and discussions of previous controversies)