10/07/2013

Ed Schultz switches positions on gun control

Well, it appears that even a diehard liberal MSNBC host can change their views on the sensitive issue of gun control.  This is from part of Ed Schultz's radio show:

I guess I'm going to give some audio that might be a little bit tough for liberals. But as a gun owner myself, I pose the question to our audience -- why should there be restriction on people who are law-abiding citizens that don't have mental health issues? That are law-abiding citizens? That pay their taxes? That do everything they're supposed to do? But then every time there's a mass shooting we're going to have a conversation about what I can own in this country. This is freedom, isn't it? 
I'm going to infuriate some of you, I don't mean to, I'm pushing the conversation that, it's almost as if we don't dive into the conversation the way we should. And what is at the crux of all of this is freedom! You can go out and purchase a firearm! And there are groups out there that want to limit that and the types that you own because some crazy guy went in and shot up a workplace! 
Now, from a gun owner's perspective, do you think that's fair? Gun owners are going to say no. And they're going to have their advocates who are going to take it beyond common sense and come up with statements that the only thing that can protect a good guy with a gun or a bad guy with a gun, against a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun. No, I don't adhere to that. If I did, I'd own firearms that would be concealed. If I really believed that in my heart, I would have, I'd be packing. And I'd have a permit that lets me pack. But I don't! . . .

The audio is available here.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Suburban said...

A leftist discovering classical liberalism?

10/08/2013 11:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home