2/02/2013

Mayor Cory Booker: "Legal Gun Buyers Aren't Causing Murders in Newark and Chicago and Other Places"



From the Media Research Center
CORY BOOKER, NEWARK MAYOR (D-N.J.): To me, the data should drive our decision making. So I know, I’m not afraid of people having guns who are law abiding citizens. In the analysis of gun murders and shootings in my city, I could only find one in the entire time I’ve been mayor – and unfortunately there have been hundreds and hundreds – where a person who was involved in a shooting where they had their gun legally, where they legally acquired their gun. The guns that are causing carnage in our cities, my city and our country, every single year are acquired illegally.
A reader, Alexander Roubian, informs me of the one gun murder committed by a law-abiding citizen was a suicide, not a murder. Alexander has two MP3s where he talked to Booker about this claim (see here and here). 

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger juandos said...

Ahhh, liberals and logic, its just something to behold...

2/02/2013 10:40 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You know, it seems to me that the basic difference between gun rights proponents and gun control proponents can be illustrated using a memory of mine from my younger days - in the 60's while an undergraduate at the U of Florida, I spent a summer employed as an "orderly" at the Florida State Mental Hospital near Hollywood Florida. This was close to my home in Ft Lauderdale and at this time I fancied my self a Psychology Major. The first day (or two) I was there I noticed that the cafeteria [used by patients and some (lowly) staff] had only spoons. No knives or forks. This was, of course, because the patients were not to be trusted with "sharp objects".
These nice folks: Rebecca Peters, Obama, Biden, Schumer, Feinstein, the CNN clowns, the Brady bunch, Bloomberg, Cuomo, the Giffords- Mark & Gabby, Ad Nausium. feel the same way about the "great unwashed" - you know, you and me - us 'knuckle dragging, NRA joining, 'trailer dwellers'."

I have TWO WORDS for them (which I can't say in polite society)!

2/04/2013 2:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home