1/20/2013

Gun control group cuts out key parts of Democratic Congressman's video to create false impression

First please watch this campaign video by Democratic Congressman John Barrow (Georgia).


Now see how the "Coalition to Stop Gun Violence" doctored his video and cut out very important parts of it to create a quite different impression.


Fox News has a discussion of the editing.
But the Coalition to Stop Gun Violence on Friday defended the video, which includes the message "Shame on you, Congressman John Barrow" and urges him to stop taking "NRA blood money."  
"We're not here to run campaign ads for John Barrow. We're not his PR team," group spokesman Ladd Everitt told FoxNews.com.  
Asked about the omission of the line about stopping a lynching, Everitt said he was "unable to confirm" Barrow's claim about his grandfather. . . .

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Apparently - because they imagine that they occupy the moral high ground - these people (Obama, Biden, Feinstein, Rebecca Peters, the CNN clowns, etc., etc., )think they are exempt from civility and fair dealing. After all, "if only ONE CHILD can be saved . . ." I've about HAD IT with the underhanded DIRTY POOL presented to the public as COMMON SENSE! These folks will apparently do ANYTHING they get it into their little heads to do - and FEEL GOOD ABOUT IT! [When the President of this great country had his little "dog & pony show" the other day anouncing his "COMMON SENSE" recomendations using those poor children in his blatently saccharine way I just about lost my breakfast]. I CANNOT BELIEVE how the NRA has BEEN VILIFIED AND GUNS DEMONIZED. I know my "weight" is very limited compared to the president's - but I'm called upon (by all that's holy) to fight this attempted ATTACK on our constitution with every fiber of my being. And, I can't imagine that I'm the ONLY ONE feeling this way NOW!

1/20/2013 9:41 AM  
Blogger FZ said...

"Unable to confirm?" Yeah, and I bet these guys really tried oh so hard to confirm it.

And what does deceptively editing a mans words have to with PR and campaigns? Nobody's asking you to do PR for the guy, all we want is for you not to underhandedly misrepresent someone for your own gain. I guess the concept of morality is too lofty for those in this so-called "Coalition."

I wonder how they'd feel if they were misrepresented in the same way and it was justified by nonsensically saying "we are not here to do PR for you?"

1/20/2013 4:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home