5/25/2011

Walgreen's fires pharmacist who prevented hostage situation

I previously posted here the news about a pharmacist with a permitted concealed handgun who stopped a hostage situation at the Walgreens where he worked. Here is what the police Lt. investigating the cases noted:

"He could see the hostage situation developing," Lange said. "He could not retreat any farther. He was in the back room. If it was me, I would have done the same thing."


Now Walgreens has fired the heroic pharmacist. One of my readers apparently wrote in to Walgreens where she nicely tried to ask Walgreens to reconsider their policy. In case others are interested, the email for Walgreens is consumerrelations.bb@walgreens.com.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Dbowhunter said...

Email is link is down.

5/26/2011 9:12 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

I've had a few conversations with the unfortunate staff member who answered when I called; apparently I'm "her problem" now @ Walgreens. She has been quite pleasant, but as I explained, my belief that a human life trumps corporate policy hits a dead-end when she takes it up the food chain. I did receive 3 phone calls, which was nice, but the policy will remai, which is not nice, nor within her ability to change. As all calls were recorded she had to be quite circumspect. I informed her that I would pull all of the prescriptions for myself and my family, as well as anyone I could talk to due to this policy; again, corporate deaf ears. Thou shalt not rock the boat.

6/19/2011 5:42 PM  
Blogger John Lott said...

Dear Mick:
Thank you. Well, the fact that you received three phone calls says something. FWIW, my advice is to rephrase things slightly: say that their corporate policy will lead to more deaths, that there is no evidence that permit holders use their guns improperly in these conditions, that police are important but that they virtually always arrive on the crime scene after the crime has been committed, and that relying on more cameras can easily be thwarted by criminals wearing ski masks as these three guys did.

6/19/2011 11:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home