2/15/2007

Problably the last place where it be legal to smoke in your office

Smoking has become the hot topic on Capitol Hill.
Who is, who isn't, and where the lawmakers puff -- closeted or not -- are among the whispers in the hallways and on the presidential campaign trail.
There have been at least 35 news reports about Sen. Barack Obama's long battle with a cigarette habit, and how the Illinois Democrat has been chewing Nicorette to kick that habit as he runs for president.
And in the latest installment, staffers for Rep. Keith Ellison tattled to Capitol Police that Rep. Tom Tancredo was smoking a cigar inside his congressional office. . . .
An officer investigating the report informed Mr. Ellison, Minnesota Democrat, that smoking is allowed in the private offices, the Hill newspaper first reported yesterday.


It is somewhat amusing that Tancredo and Ellison have offices right next to each other.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Terrible Tom - my Congressman - has been handling this politely, with only a little tongue in cheek. I asked a mutual friend (she's a county leader - and excellent shooter!)how many offers he's had for boxes of cigars. My wife thinks we should get him a fan to blow the smoke down the hall. OldeForce

2/16/2007 1:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't think it is as amusing as you may think, nor do I think it mere coincidence. I understand (don't ask for my source.. I can't recall!) that Ellison chose that office next to Tancredo, whereas there were likely other vacant offices to choose from.

With questions concerning Keith Ellison's possible loyalties (I am referring to how devoutly he may practice Islam .. but with the full support of the Council of American Islamic Relations behind him, and that they are likely supporters of Hamas, his loyalties must be questioned in my mind), and with Tancredo's understanding of Islamists entering this country along with illegal aliens, it is my guess that Ellison and his staff are very interested in who Tancredo may entertain in his office... something they would be able to see given their close proximity..

My take on the above may be wrong, but it seems plausible to bring it up..

Brian

2/16/2007 1:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home